04/10/2014

Football Card

Hello again - yes I know I'm like a double decker bus, don't see me for ages then twice in one day!

Here is a football card I made using the Stampin Up Hexagon Punch:

It was quite difficult to show the dimension of the football.

There are lots of these cards online but I didn't copy anyone specifically as I tried to make mine look as realistic as possible. I used a ball tool around the underneath edges of the hexagons to puff them up and look 3d.

I've seen lots of footballs as my eldest son is football mad - the green house had to go!!

This card gave me a chance to use my new Stampin Up 'Fringe Scissors' which cut the grass perfectly!
I thought about making a winners cup but thought it would be too busy.
Anyway I hope that you like my punched card and thanks for stopping by.
Eve x
Challenges:
Perfectly Rustics 'Punch Art' 1 day left.
A Creative Romance  'In the Garden'  4 days left.
Creative Fingers Challenge  'Anything Goes'  5 days left.
Pixie's Snippets Playground  'use snippets'  6 days left.

Here are a list of items used - just click on the image for more info:

12 comments:

  1. A wonderful football card Eve, I love the dimension you have created on the hexagons and your little grass border.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever way to use that punch to make a football! The grass is perfect too! Fun card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Eve, you have totally rocked our punch art challenge! I love the puffed up look you've created, i can totally see that!! AMAZING!! Cool that there is some sparkle on a boys card too! Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics!
    SMiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That football certainly looks real, I like the extra effort you went to, to get that 3D look. Thanks for joining ust at Perfectly Rustics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card. Love your football and the grass is very effective. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent use of snippets and you've made a terrific footie card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh how clever Eve - looks very realistic and great use of snippets!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card ... those scissors are perfect for creating 'grass' :) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw this at the Snippet Playground. Well done -- it looks very realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever card - saw this on the Snippets playground, had to tell you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card for a football fan! The hexagon punch has just gone on my wishlist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers Challenge!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Hugs Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment.
Eve x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...